Position: Mid-term Performance Evaluation Subject Matter Experts (multiple positions)
Location: Mexico preferred, or remote
Position Status: Short-term Consultant
Apply by: January 21, 2024
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business committed to supporting local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of systems thinking, monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Mexico, LINC is implementing the USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Adaptation (MESA) Activity (2022-2027), which is designed to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) systems and capacity of the USAID/Mexico Mission and its implementing partners through assistance with designing and carrying out monitoring; evaluations, assessments, and studies; and collaboration and capacity building for the USAID/Mexico mission and its implementing partners.
LINC is seeking one or more consultants to take on the role of Subject Matter Expert for the performance evaluation of a donor funded regional program seeking to address the root causes of irregular migration in northern Central America. The program to be evaluated is a collaboration between two international donors seeking to understand if their agricultural and workforce development efforts are more effective in combination than separately. The two donors also expect to learn from one another through their collaboration. The evaluation will investigate both the collaboration itself and the results of their work.
The Subject Matter Experts will work with the Team Lead, LINC and MESA staff, and other evaluation team members providing field research, data analysis, and subject matter expertise. The Subject Matter Experts will focus primarily on ensuring the design, implementation, analysis, findings, and recommendations of the evaluation are relevant, appropriate, and actionable.
This is a short-term consultancy position contingent upon donor approval of the position and candidates.
- Provide technical expertise to the evaluation team throughout the effort to ensure the technical relevance and quality of the products and communications.
- Review and support the plans for the data collection, data analysis, field work, and timeline to provide feedback and ensure quality.
- Participate in team workshops to identify findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Review reports and presentations to ensure the results, recommendations, and terminology are relevant, appropriate, accurate, and actionable.
Skills and Qualifications
- Masters Degree or PhD with a focus on one or more of the relevant technical areas for the evaluation: migration from Central America, trilateral cooperation, agriculture, and/or workforce development.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the relevant technical areas for the evaluation.
- Experience in research and data analysis for one or more of the relevant technical areas for the evaluation.
- Knowledge of USAID, other US Government Agencies, and/or the Government of Mexico.
- Experience working in Mexico and Central America.
- Advanced spoken and written Spanish and English preferred.
Please send your resume/CV and daily rate to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mid-Term Performance Evaluation Subject Matter Expert”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.