Position: Mid-term Performance Evaluation Team Lead
Location: Remote, with possible travel to Mexico, Honduras, and/or El Salvador
Position Status: Short-term Consultant
Apply by: January 11, 2024
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business committed to supporting local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of systems thinking, monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Mexico, LINC is implementing the USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Adaptation (MESA) Activity (2022-2027), which is designed to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) systems and capacity of the USAID/Mexico Mission and its implementing partners through assistance with designing and carrying out monitoring; evaluations, assessments, and studies; and collaboration and capacity building for the USAID/Mexico mission and its implementing partners.
LINC is seeking a Consultant to take on the role of Team Lead for the performance evaluation of a donor funded regional program seeking to address the root causes of irregular migration in northern Central America. The program to be evaluated is a collaboration between two international donors seeking to understand if their agricultural and workforce development efforts are more effective in combination than separately. The two donors also expect to learn from one another through their collaboration. The evaluation will investigate both the collaboration itself and the results of their work.
The Team Lead will work with LINC and MESA staff, as well as a team of consultants providing field research, data analysis, and subject matter expertise. The Team Lead will focus primarily on ensuring exceptional technical delivery, liaising with the clients, supporting the in-country team, overseeing the timeline, and supporting the authoring of the report.
This is a short-term consultancy position contingent upon donor approval of the position and candidate.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the evaluation.
- Review existing documentation including reports, studies, and other background information to become familiar with the program, its goals, and the current context.
- Work with the team to review and adapt the evaluation approach and methods to ensure they are appropriate for the objectives and context.
- Support the team to finalize design of data collection instruments and evaluation timeline for client approval.
- Oversee, participate in, and/or support in-country data collection (including travel, if appropriate). Data collection is expected to include key informant interviews, surveys, focus groups, document review, and other methods.
- Provide expertise and collaborate with LINC’s in-country team and consultants to conduct analysis and identify evaluation findings and recommendations.
- Coordinate and maintain regular communications with the client and the in-country team. Ensure the client has adequate understanding of the process, progress, expected results, and expected touch-points for the evaluation.
- Review and provide quality control for the evaluation report for client approval. Participate in related presentations or discussions on the report and/or its findings.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree or a PhD in economics, public administration, international development, agriculture, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated relevant evaluation experience including as team lead, with strong preference for experience conducting evaluations for USAID.
- Proven understanding of agriculture, workforce development, irregular migration, and/or trilateral cooperation.
- Experience working with the Government of Mexico preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish required.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Proven communications and team leadership skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience working in Mexico and/or Central America.
Please send your resume/CV and daily rate to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mid-Term Performance Evaluation Team Lead”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.