Position: Monitoring, Data, and Reporting Expert, Mexico
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. LINC has been working in Mexico since 2015. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Monitoring, Data and Reporting Expert for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded monitoring, evaluation and learning project in Mexico. The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Adaptation (MESA) project is to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) systems and capacity of USAID and its implementing partner organizations in Mexico.
The Monitoring, Data and Reporting Expert will be responsible for management and the provision of technical assistance and training for the project’s monitoring, data quality, and indicator reporting component. The expert will support USAID staff and implementing partners to formulate Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans, defining of indicators, outcome and impact measurement strategies, conduct data quality assessments, and report on progress utilizing relevant data management systems. Position responsibilities are anticipated to include:
- Development of MEL Plans and ensuring their alignment with the Mission’s PMP Monitoring Plan, Performance Plan and Report (PPR) and activity management needs.
- Provide support and assistance for users of relevant data management systems, including USAID’s DIS, interactive dashboards, GIS, and reporting platforms and documentation.
- Conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) to ensure that indicators and reporting is aligned to quality standards and informational needs for decision-making.
- Review and update indicator guidance, set and review baseline targets, disseminate indicator definitions, build capacity of implementers to apply indicators to activities.
- Develop, maintain, and customize reporting guidelines and data management standards.
- Build the capacity of USAID and implementing partner staff for more effective program monitoring in a range of functional skill areas.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s Degree in social sciences or related field with seven years of progressive experience in project management, or a PhD / Doctorate with 5 years of project management experience.
- At least five years of experience in research, evaluation, statistics and/or monitoring international development projects.
- Experience working in sectors aligned with USAID Mexico’s work, including: anti-corruption, good governance, civil society development, climate change, energy, and rural development.
- Extensive experience working in Mexico, and specifically working with donor-funded (ideally USAID) projects in Mexico.
- Strong understanding of USAID and other donor monitoring and program cycle guidelines and requirements.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume/CV to email@example.com with the title “Monitoring, Data, and Reporting Expert, Mexico MESA” included in the subject line. All applications will be reviewed, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.