Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: September 5, 2022
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the USAID Resilience Platform (2022-2027), which is designed to facilitate collaboration and coordination among USAID’s highlands resilience partners, support the adoption of adaptive management processes and solutions informed by learning, evidence, and research, and foster innovation within USAID’s highlands programming to drive early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
Reporting to the Collaborate, Learn, and Adapt (CLA) Director, the MEL Advisor will be responsible for delivering high-quality support services for monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting on activity results across USAID/Ethiopia’s resilience portfolio. This includes providing leadership on synthesizing MEL outputs to contribute to filling knowledge gaps in the evidence base.
Based on a shared understanding of how each partner is contributing to the overall theory of change and which resilience capacities they are supporting, the MEL Advisor will develop the technical capacity of implementing partners to adjust their MEL plans, and guide the provision of technical assistance to ensure that workplan and learning activities are supportive to and aligned with overall joint CLA work plan/learning agenda developed by the Platform.
The position is open to Ethiopian nationals only. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Support the CLA Director with the following:
- Serve as a technical resource on research and learning activities related to MEL.
- Establish the methods and protocols for the analysis of findings, targeted assessments, feedback loops and data collection efforts.
- Provide support to partners as they engage in research, technical assistance, and dissemination of learning.
- Planning and agenda setting for learning activities.
- Provide technical assistance to IPs to support the design of MEL plans and monitoring systems and to strengthen locally-available data collection/analysis capacities to be aligned with the learning agenda.
- Synthesize MEL outputs to contribute to filling knowledge gaps in the evidence base.
- Develop the technical capacity of implementing partners to adjust their MEL plans.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure that the workplan and learning activities are supportive to and aligned with overall joint CLA work plan/learning agenda developed by the Platform.
- Other MEL-related tasks as assigned by the CLA Director.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in relevant field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, USAID’s CLA approach, and using MEL activities and adaptive management approaches to inform and improve project implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with USAID resilience programming in Ethiopia.
- Prior experience working in Ethiopia required, with a strong understanding of Ethiopia’s context and culture.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Please send your resume/CV to email@example.com by September 5, 2022, with the subject line “Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.