Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Location: Tegucigalpa (Honduras)
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and DFID among others. Our country experience spans Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Activity in Honduras. This Activity will provide USAID/Honduras with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management, communications, and performance management support services. The Activity will inform monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout all stages of the Program Cycle, supporting USAID’s focus on adaptive management to increase developmental effectiveness. Additionally, this Activity will strengthen USAID/Honduras staff and implementing partner’s systematic application of CLA approaches.
The MEL Specialist will provide targeted MEL technical support to USAID/Honduras and implementing partners and oversee all analytical activities including evaluations, assessments, and research studies.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
- Oversee the design, implementation, resourcing, and quality assurance of all assessments, performance and impact evaluations, and ongoing context and performance monitoring analyses;
- Design evaluation methodology, data collection methods, instruments, and protocols for evaluations;
- Oversee data collection and analysis ensuring rigor and quality assurance;
- Draft technical scopes of work for and supervise the performance of consultants and subcontractors;
- Disseminate and present evaluation findings in reports and workshops, meetings, conferences, and seminars.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in international development, economics, statistics, political science, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field;
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of international development projects with a focus on MEL and CLA;
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research methods, familiarity with innovative MEL approaches a plus.
- Experience designing and leading evaluations and assessments in multidisciplinary setting;
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management;
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with a broad spectrum of quantitative and qualitative research methods, tools, and techniques;
- Experience with statistical packages such as SPSS or STATA.
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills;
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish;
- Prior experience working in Honduras strongly preferred.
Send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.