Position: Operations Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: April 23, 2019
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
Position Description and Responsibilities
LINC is seeking an Operations Coordinator to with 1-2 years of prior experience to support office management and communications, human resources, recruitment, event planning, and corporate and executive travel, logistics, and procurement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees general office management for LINC’s DC-based HQ, including management of LINC’s communication systems (virtual meetings software, phone connection system, email functions).
- Support LINC’s corporate and programmatic teams with recruitment of US- and field-based positions, effectively managing and tracking candidates
- Support corporate and executive travel and logistics
- Lead HQ-based event planning, including learning seminars, division and corporate retreats and off-site meetings
- Oversee LINC’s IT system administration, including printing, communications, and on-board set up for IT
- Support LINC’s corporate communications and public outreach efforts, including creating and editing content from program teams, updating and tailoring program presentations, and supporting design of flyers and other online communications materials
- Oversee LINC’s travel security management system, ensuring all programmatic and corporate travel itineraries are input into live tracking systems and executives are briefed on potential security issues in countries of travel
- Manage corporate procurement, ensuring compliance with LINC policies and ethical procurement standards
- Manage human resource compliance oversight, including ensuring all employees information and documentation is updated in benefits systems and legal/ verification system
- Support small and medium corporate purchasing
- Support Operations Director in overall tracking and input into client reporting systems, including sam.gov, USAID’s IPN portal, FFATA, etc.
- Manage and track corporate independent contractors, ensuring level of effort and expense tracking, processing invoicing and expense reporting, and ensuring on-time payment
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, management or equivalent
- Excellent, demonstrated organization and tracking skills
- 1-2 years of experience working in a non-profit or contractor operations or administration department preferred
- Experience supporting donor-funded projects, specifically USAID
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.