Position: Operations Director
Position Status: Full-Time
Apply by: October 22, 2021
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and FCDO among others. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking an Operations Director for the USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform activity in Ghana. This Activity will provide USAID/Ghana with expert monitoring, evaluation, and learning services for USAID/Ghana, offering high quality, demand-driven monitoring and evaluation technical assistance and analytical services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and local country stakeholders that advance U.S. foreign policy goals and USAID’s strategic objectives in Ghana.
The Operations Director will oversee the administrative, operational, and financial management activities of the project, to ensure that project operations are efficient and effective, and that staff are safe and supported throughout their work. This will include overseeing local procurement, vehicle management, budgeting and financial reporting, and office operations. This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**Citizens of Ghana are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Ensure the MEL Platform develops and maintains clear, efficient, and compliant office procedures for all administrative, financial, and operational matters.
- Oversee vehicle management and transportation matters.
- Support security planning and implementation for the main and field office.
- Oversee all local procurement, including for goods and services.
- Oversee office operations for both the main and field office and the related support staff.
- Develop and oversee all financial management and reporting.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field required, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience with project and/or office management issues, preferably for donor-funded programs, with at least five years in an equivalent director-level role.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID donor rules and regulations required.
- Experience conducting procurement activities that are compliant with donor requirements.
- Experience overseeing vehicle fleets and supporting travel and transportation across Ghana and overcoming logistical and transportation challenges.
- Experience supporting administrative and financial staff.
- Experience developing and managing comprehensive financial management systems for multi-million dollar programs, and the associated budgeting and reporting
- Excellent planning, management, and communication skills, ability to work in teams.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Please send a resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by October 22, 2021, with the subject line “Ghana MEL Operations Director.” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.