Position: Operations Director
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Status: Full Time
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas oLINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to facilitate collective action, map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and FCDO among others. Our country experience spans Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking an Operations Director for the USAID-funded Enhancing Local Development (ELD) activity in Vietnam. This Activity is designed to support the capacity of and engagement between sub-national government, local organizations, and other local stakeholders, leading to more transparent policymaking, effective implementation processes, and better delivery of services to Vietnamese citizens.
The Operations Director, based in Hanoi, Vietnam, will oversee the administrative, operational, and financial management aspects of the activity, to ensure that operations are efficient and effective, and that staff are safe and supported throughout their work. This will include overseeing grants-under-contract administration, local procurement, human resources, budgeting and financial reporting, vehicle management, and office operations.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**Citizens of Vietnam are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Ensure the ELD activity develops and maintains clear, efficient, and compliant office procedures for all administrative, financial, and operational matters.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of all administrative personnel in support of activity objectives.
- Develop and oversee all financial management and reporting, vehicle management and transportation matters, and local procurement, including for goods and services.
- Ensure activity administration and operations are carried out in compliance with USAID and LINC rules and regulations, including the grants-under-contract program.
- Oversee office operations for main and field offices.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field required, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of seven years’ progressive experience with project and/or office management issues, preferably for donor-funded programs, with at least five years in an equivalent director-level role, managing administrative and financial staff.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID donor rules and regulations required.
- Experience administering grants-under-contract programs.
- Experience conducting procurement in compliance with donor requirements.
- Experience developing and managing comprehensive financial management systems for multi-million dollar programs, and the associated budgeting and reporting.
- Excellent planning, management, and communication skills, ability to work in teams.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required.
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Vietnam ELD Operations Director”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.