Position: Operations Director
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: April 14, 2019
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
Position Description and Responsibilities
LINC is seeking an Operations Director based in Washington DC with 10+ years of experience to lead its Operations Department, responsible for contracts, compliance, financial management, administration and human resources. The successful candidate should have strong skills in functional responsibilities of the position combined with the ability to manage and grow a team capable of supporting our ever-increasing portfolio of complex donor-funded programs. The position is an excellent match for a skilled mid-to-senior level manager with strong experience in the sector to play a leadership role in a fast-growing organization. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Management of a small, growing department responsible for contracts, compliance, financial management, administration and human resources.
- Development and oversight of LINC’s policies, procedures and finance/admin forms to ensure legal, regulatory, contractual and corporate governance and accountability, but remain flexible to growth.
- Oversee client, sub-partner and consultant contracts / awards, representation and related actions.
- Draft and negotiate contracts/awards, subcontracts/subawards, and oversee procurement process.
- Coordinate extensively with LINC’s program management team to ensure timely payments, invoicing, and reporting.
- Work with program managers/directors and program associates to review all active programs to meet contractual requirements, budgeting and budget tracking.
- Engage in new program / business development, including proactively identifying opportunities and potential partners.
- Review solicitations to interpret requirements, inform proposal development teams and develop cost proposals.
- Oversight and administration of basic human resources functions.
- Lead LINC’s external audit preparation and communications with external auditors.
- Keep LINC staff and leadership informed of important updates (actual and expected) to regulations and policy that may affect our work.
- Support LINC’s mission of empowering local actors and systems, including engagement and leadership in relevant learning communities, work with donors to understand how their policies affect local actor success, and support to local actors on developing appropriate and responsive finance and administrative processes.
- Engagement in overall strategy and leadership of LINC, participating on LINC’s Leadership Team, and identifying, prioritizing and leading strategic initiatives as required.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in operational, financial and administrative management of complex donor-funded international development programming.
- 3+ years experience managing and building teams, including training and mentoring of operations staff, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across departments and functions.
- Experience developing and implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures, and systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID financial and contractual management rules and regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Masters degree or equivalent levels of professional experience in business administration, accounting, finance, or relevant field.
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.