Position: Project Associate
Location: Washington, DC (or remote within the USA)
Position Status: Full-Time
Apply by: May 15, 2023
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000 (Annual)
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of systems thinking, monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
The Project Associate is a member of LINC’s Programs Department, which manages and oversees a diverse portfolio of long-term and short-term programs worldwide. Working under the direction of one or more Project Managers or Project Directors, the Project Associate will support the operational, financial, and administrative aspects of projects and provide general backstopping support.
The Project Associate will also spend a portion of their time supporting LINC’s Business Development Department with tasks including conducting capture research, recruiting candidates, liaising with subcontractors/sub-partners, and supporting proposal development.
The Project Associate should be able to travel internationally as needed (expected to be no more than 5-10%), contingent upon in-country health conditions and travel restrictions.
This is a full-time headquarters position. LINC has a preference for candidates located in the Washington, DC area but we are open to remote candidates.
- Provide management and operational support to multiple concurrent project activities to ensure projects are implemented within scope and budget and to a high level of quality. Proactively identify potential issues or delays facing project implementation and the means to address them.
- Coordinate with project teams to ensure the timely preparation of periodic reports, including program and financial reports and communications materials. Support drafting and copyediting of project reports and other deliverables.
- Support project-level monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Travel to program locations to support program management, new program start-ups, or other needs, as appropriate.
- Work with the Project Manager/Director to support measurement, documentation and assessment of project-level monitoring and evaluation.
- Support monitoring program budgets and reconciling field office expenditures, invoices, and monthly advances, as well as consultant invoices.
- Support project consultants by developing and monitoring agreements and ensuring high-quality timely delivery of requirements.
- Support consultant and subcontract management and oversight.
- Support the development of scopes of work for short-term assistance and other technical contributions.
- Maintain tracker of all personnel (including long-term and short-term consultants), project reports, and deliverables.
- Support business development tasks including, but not limited to, recruiting and interviewing candidates, formatting CVs, authoring proposal sections, collecting pricing information, and supporting budget development.
Other tasks as may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
LINC is a small, growing business that encourages proactive, flexible, and team-oriented staff to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented international development professional with excellent organizational and communications skills, project management abilities, and a passion for improving the effectiveness of social change efforts around the world. They must be flexible enough to undertake a number of program management and business development support functions simultaneously and thrive in a dynamic environment. Specific qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree in international development, social sciences, public administration, business administration, or related field.
- 1-2 years of professional experience, ideally related to international development or professional services.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, with a strong aptitude in written correspondence, report writing, and presentation and oral communications.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in low resource countries.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Arabic.
- Advanced degree
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Project Associate”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.