Position: Project Drivers (2)
Location: Accra (1), Tamale (1), Ghana
Status: Full Time
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, including USAID. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
In Ghana, LINC is implementing the four-year USAID/Ghana Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform activity, which is designed to provide expert monitoring, evaluation, and learning services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and Ghanaian stakeholders to improve USAID/Ghana’s ability to engage in evidence-based program design and increase its ability to measure, analyze, and communicate the impact of USAID programming in Ghana.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Project Driver will be responsible for expediting tasks, transporting staff, and fulfilling various errands, for the implementation of the MEL Platform activity. The successful candidate must possess a spotless driving record, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of the Ghanaian context.
The position is open to Ghanaian nationals only. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Drive project vehicle to transport project staff on official duties.
- Track all movements on provided vehicle log sheets and keep mileage and repair records up-to-date.
- Maintain the vehicle in good running condition and ensure the constant availability of sufficient gas in the vehicle and that the vehicle is always ready for use.
- Ensure that the project vehicle is comprehensively insured.
- Ensure that all statutory documents, i.e., Road Worthy Certificate, Drivers’ License and Insurance are renewed on timely basis.
- Carry out daily vehicle inspections.
- Run errands for the office, as and when needed.
- Develop and arrange for general servicing and/or repairs when needed.
- Follow all national safety regulations and standards.
- Keep exterior and interior of vehicle clean and presentable always.
- Ensure that all vehicle occupants always wear a seat belt while the vehicle is in motion.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma in Auto Mechanic or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license D and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in working with an international contractor/donor funded project, especially USAID funded projects.
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures on Vehicle Management Policy.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrate safe and defensive driving skills.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Able to follow verbal directions, read maps, and follow GPS.
- Fluent in English language with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Good organization and prioritization skills, and close attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, e.g., Word, Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Please send cover letter and resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by June 20, 2022 with the subject line “Project Driver.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.