Position: Public Financial Management Advisor – Nepal Localization Support Activity
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Position Status: Full-time employee
Apply By: February 28, 2023
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC, dedicated to promoting locally-led development. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally-led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, elevate local voices, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, FCDO, and others. Our country experience spans Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Public Financial Management Advisor for the upcoming USAID/Nepal Localization Support Activity. The purpose of this Activity is to provide services to USAID, partner Nepali organizations, and Government of Nepal entities to provide surge support, build capacity, and establish systems and processes to effectively design, implement, and monitor activities that advance shared development objectives. Specifically, activities may be focused on (i) capacity strengthening for local actors to apply, receive, and manage USAID awards, (ii) strengthening the Mission’s government-to-government (G2G) programming, and (iii) support for the Mission to improve localization programming.
The Public Financial Management Advisor will oversee the Activity’s work to support USAID with the design, award, and implementation of awards to the Government of Nepal. Specifically, work in this component will involve conducting financial reviews, risk assessments, audits, cost share contribution calculations, and other analyses of existing awards, potential Governmental partners, and their fiduciary systems.
This is a full-time position contingent upon the USAID award.
Citizens of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Support leadership and implementation of the Activity, including program planning, technical execution, contractual and financial management, reporting, and operations.
- Ensure program integration across components.
- Support the effective design, development, and implementation of technical activities across the component.
- Conducting internal control, financial management, and risk assessments to identify and develop plans for addressing the risks associated with channeling USAID resources through Nepali counterpart systems.
- Conducting financial, close-out, and/or forensic audits.
- Build the capacity of USAID/Nepal implementing partners, Government of Nepal staff, and USAID/Nepal staff to strengthen financial management competencies necessary to identify and address risks.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships, coordinate, and consult with key stakeholders, including USAID and government officials.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree in finance, business, risk management, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in the public financial management domain, with responsibility for tasks such as risk review, internal controls, and audits.
- Experience in donor-funded projects, particularly USAID, is strongly preferred.
- Proven client and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with proven training and capacity-strengthening skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Prior experience working in Nepal and the region is strongly preferred.
Send resume/CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line by February 28 20, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.