Position: Business Development Associate
Location: Washington DC
Date posted: December 19, 2019
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. We are a team of reflective development professionals, passionate and energetic in our work and united in our commitment to locally-led development. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a full-time Business Development Associate to help grow our portfolio of donor-funded activities. The Associate will coordinate LINC’s business development activities, work with staff to identify and follow-up on potential opportunities, coordinate proposal inputs, and draft / write proposal responses. The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills, technical / programmatic understanding of LINC’s core areas of work, and experience responding to donor-funded solicitations. The position will be based in Washington, DC and will involve field travel to identify and respond to opportunities on an ongoing basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and track new business opportunities on an ongoing basis;
- Coordinate proposal development activities to ensure timely, high-quality submission, including both cost and technical inputs;
- Perform country and competitor research, and support the design and writing of expressions of interest, concept papers, and technical proposals in collaboration with technical staff, partners and consultants;
- Support proposal recruitment and partnership development;
- Participate in capture and positioning for priority bids;
- Prepare and update marketing documentation and proactively engage in external networking and marketing events;
- Provide administrative support including organization of LINC’s new business development documentation, making improvements and updates to systems, processes and documentation on an ongoing basis;
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibility
The Business Development Associate will report to the Business Development Director.
Skills and Qualifications
LINC is a small but growing business that allows proactive and flexible individuals to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented self-starter, both thoughtful and able to react quickly to opportunities and needs as they arise. The candidate should be willing to travel internationally approximately 25%. Specific qualifications are anticipated to include:
- A Bachelor’s degree required in international development, business administration, or another related field; A Master’s degree preferred;
- Experience in international development;
- At least 2-3 years of experience supporting new business opportunities for US government (USG) agencies and/or other bilateral and private sector clients;
- Strong research, planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent analytical and communications skills, attention to detail;
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Technical background in locally-led development, and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) approaches;
- Experience with Salesforce/Salesforce Essentials;
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries;
- Fluency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic.
Send resume / CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.