Position: Chief of Party
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: 9 August 2019
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability.
LINC is seeking a full-time Chief of Party (COP) to lead a new, USAID-funded, five-year blended finance learning project. The COP will lead overall program implementation strategy, ensure the seamless integration of technical workstreams, and serve as the primary point of contact for USAID. The COP will manage a team of program staff and consultants conducting research, technical assistance, training and dissemination of learning and know-how related to blended finance and impact investing in various developing countries around the world, especially Africa.
The successful candidate will have excellent management skills, experienced managing complex USAID-funded programs, establishing vision, and overseeing strategy. The candidate should be an excellent communicator and representative of LINC, experienced managing clients and complex consortia. The COP should have expertise in learning and strong technical skills, ideally including a combination of blended finance, CLA, knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation and learning. The position will be based in Washington, DC with intermittent travel.
Duties and Responsibilities (Overall Program Leadership and Implementation):
- Responsible for overall program implementation strategy including both technical and financial performance of the project;
- Forge high-profile, high-impact partnerships and platforms in the blended finance learning space, identifying replicable models, accelerating innovation, and mainstreaming within USAID and its development partners;
- Ensure seamless integration of technical workstreams;
- Oversee subcontractor and grants under contract management;
- Ensure the timely provision of responsive, high-quality project deliverables;
- Ensure long-term and short-term technical assistance is aligned with expected results;
- Oversee performance of staff, including key personnel and other direct and indirect reports; and
- Provide day-to-day operational oversight to the project and all staff and consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities (Management and Representation)
- Leadership and management of the overall project team, ensuring high levels of performance, fostering innovation and motivating staff;
- Manage relationship and ensure high level of service to USAID;
- Serve as primary point of contact for communication with USAID for any issues or needs that arise;
- Conduct outreach and representation, presenting in relevant forums and raising awareness of project activities and practices in the blended finance learning space;
- Serve as primary contact for co-design with client USAID Missions, Bureaus, and Independent Offices; external stakeholders; and local partners.
The position will have supervisory responsibility over the project, including all key personnel and all direct and indirect reports.
The position will report to LINC’s Managing Director.
Skills and Qualifications:
LINC is a small but growing business that allows proactive and flexible individuals to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented self-starter, both thoughtful and able to react quickly to opportunities and needs as they arise. The candidate should be willing to travel internationally approximately 25%. Specific qualifications are anticipated to include:
- Master’s Degree in business, social science, international development or relevant field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in senior management and technical roles on international development programs;
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party or other similar USAID project management roles;
- Progressive experience in providing strategic technical expertise on collaborating, learning, and adapting to donors, governments, implementing partners, or the private sector;
- Prior experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs; and
- Excellent team leadership, management, and communication skills, including excellent writing abilities in English.
Send resume / CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.