Position: Grants and Finance Associate
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: 6 August 2019
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability.
LINC is seeking a full-time Grants and Finance Associate to support a blended finance learning activity project. The Grants and Finance Associate will support grants under contract administration and the program’s financial reporting. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and coordination skills, experience supporting international development programs, and strong quantitative skills. The position will be based in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities (Program Finance):
- Serve as the primary point of contact for project’s financial reporting;
- Prepare and review payment requests and program expense reports;
- Support entry and review of program expenses in accounting software;
- Prepare monthly financial reporting and invoicing specific to the project;
- Support tracking and forecasting of project spending and budget work closely with Project Manager on addressing matters related to project’s financial performance.
Duties and Responsibilities (Grants Administration):
- Support program team with grants under contract administration including tracking and reviewing grant applications, selection, monitoring, and reporting;
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations as well as the program’s grants manual;
- Develop systems and processes for the program’s grants program;
- Prepare and review outgoing awards documents and ensure accuracy and quality control of all grant documents;
- Ensure timely reporting on all grants;
- Support the Program Manager with other program administrative tasks as necessary.
The position will report to the Program Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
LINC is a small but growing business that allows proactive and flexible individuals to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented self-starter, both thoughtful and able to react quickly to opportunities and needs as they arise. The candidate should be willing to travel internationally approximately 25%. Specific qualifications are anticipated to include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field;
- Minimum two years of experience working on international development programs;
- Previous experience supporting grants administration on USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred;
- Experience in preparing and reviewing financial reporting documentation;
- Demonstrated understanding of financial, administrative, and compliance requirements of donor-funded projects;
- Previous experience with finance and accounting preferred;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Demonstrated communication, coordination, and client management skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries;
- Fluency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic.
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.