Position: MEL / CLA Specialist
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: 7 August 2019
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability.
LINC is seeking a full-time MEL (Monitoring Evaluation Learning) / CLA (Collaborate Learn Adapt) Specialist to provide technical assistance through the new USAID-funded, five-year blended finance learning project. The MEL/CLA Specialist will provide technical assistance to USAID missions, bureaus, and independent offices; implementing partners; and local M&E organizations and consultants. The MEL/CLA Specialist will work with a team of program staff and consultants conducting research, technical assistance, training, and dissemination of learning and know-how related to blended finance and impact investing in various developing countries around the world, especially Africa.
The successful candidate will have excellent MEL/CLA skills and experience providing MEL technical assistance to USAID and implementing partners. The candidate should have strong technical skills, including a combination of monitoring, evaluation, and learning and CLA, ideally with experience in blended finance and/or microenterprise development. The successful candidate will be familiar with USAID and other donor-donor funded impact measurement, evaluation and indicator frameworks. The successful candidate will have experience applying learning at multiple stages of the program cycle, including both the measurement of impact and processes to assess progress and recalibrate ongoing programming. The successful candidate will be highly familiar with Activity Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Plan development and implementation. The position will be based in Washington, DC with intermittent travel.
Duties and Responsibilities (Technical Assistance):
- Provide technical assistance to USAID missions, bureaus, and independent offices to support the design of MEL plans and monitoring systems;
- Provide assistance to USAID and implementing partners to strengthen and adapt monitoring systems for blended finance;
- Support team with Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS)/ Project Appraisal Document (PAD)/Activity Design and Evaluation engagements;
- Strengthen data collection and analysis capacities of local organizations and consultants to align with the learning agenda;
- Support project team with CLA activities and facilitation including stock-taking activities, learning agenda workshops, and pause and reflect workshops; and
- Work with project leadership to draft and finalize learning agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities (Reporting and Knowledge Generation):
- Synthesize learning to contribute to filling knowledge gaps in the evidence base;
- Transfer MEL best practices and lessons learned to technical and MEL professionals in multiple USAID missions and operating units.
The position will report to the Research and Learning Director
Skills and Qualifications:
LINC is a small, growing business that allows proactive and flexible individuals to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented self-starter, both thoughtful and able to react quickly to opportunities and needs as they arise. The candidate should be willing to travel internationally approximately 25%. Specific qualifications are anticipated to include:
- Master’s Degree;
- 6-8 years of experience in M&E roles on international development programs;
- Previous experience leading design of MEL plans and monitoring systems;
- Progressive experience in providing strategic technical expertise on collaborating, learning, and adapting to donors, governments, implementing partners, or the private sector;
- Prior experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs;
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, including excellent writing abilities in English.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries;
- Fluency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic.
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.