Position: Philippines Learning and Research Specialist
Location: Manilla, Philippines
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org.
Description of Services
LINC seeks a Learning and Research Specialist for an anticipated USAID/Philippines Evidence-Driven Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Activity. The purpose of this activity is to bolster the capacity of the USAID/Philippines mission to effectively lead and practice collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA), which has the broader goal of enhancing USAID’s development effectiveness.
The Learning and Research Specialist is a mid-level professional who supports the CLA Director on all CLA activities including tracking the mission learning agenda, tracking project and activity level MEL plans, and supporting USAID learning events.
This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- Track mission learning agenda and project and activity level MEL plans;
- Analyze relevant development trends in data both inside and outside of USAID;
- Supply information to guide USAID staff in learning events and other activities;
- Support USAID staff to set up and strengthen USAID systems to integrate learning and knowledge management;
- Document and disseminate learning;
- Additional research and learning tasks as requested.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a strategic information-related area preferred, such as applied research, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, or a related field;
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated experience in research and data collection, knowledge management, and monitoring and evaluation for international development projects;
- Demonstrated experience in CLA practices, including innovative methods for harvesting learning and best practices;
- Experience managing USAID learning agenda;
- Technical knowledge in economic growth, governance, health, education, environment, or resilience and peace desired;
- Knowledge of USAID M&E rules and regulations;
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills;
- Strong networks with Philippine technical experts in learning, monitoring, evaluation, research, economic growth, governance, health, education, and environment;
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English required;
- Prior experience working in the Philippines strongly preferred.
Send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.