Position: Philippines Remote Monitoring Specialist
Location: Mindanao, Philippines
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org.
Description of Services
LINC seeks a Remote Monitoring Specialist for an anticipated USAID / Philippines Evidence-Driven Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Activity. The purpose of this activity is to bolster the capacity of the USAID / Philippines mission to effectively lead and practice collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), which has the broader goal of enhancing USAID’s development effectiveness.
The Remote Specialist is a mid-level professional who will serve as the primary overseer of all third-party monitoring work in Non-Permissive Enviornmetns (NPEs), working closely with the Senior M&E Specialist. This position will likely be based in Mindanao.
This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- Oversee third-party monitoring work in NPEs;
- Collaborate with USAID staff to determine monitoring priorities for activities that USAID staff are unable to visit due to security restrictions;
- Design and recommend appropriate approaches and methods to fulfill monitoring needs;
- Lead majority of third-party monitoring site visits, data collection, analysis, and reporting;
- Work closely with implementing partners operating in NPEs to strengthen their capacity to effectively collect data;
- Provide on-demand services based on contextual and programmatic that may evolve throughout the life of the Contract.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a strategic information-related area preferred, such as applied research, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, or a related field;
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation for international development projects;
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis, database management, and reporting;
- Knowledge of USAID M&E rules and regulations;
- Technical knowledge in economic growth, governance, health, education, environment, or resilience and peace desired;
- Strong networks with Philippine technical experts in learning, monitoring, evaluation, research, economic growth, governance, health, education, and environment;
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills;
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English required;
- Prior experience working in Mindanao, the Philippines is strongly preferred
Send resume/CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.