Position: Program Associate, CAPX
Location: Washington, DC
Date posted: October 14, 2019
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability.
LINC is seeking a full-time Program Associate to support a new USAID-funded blended finance learning project. The Program Associate will provide programmatic, financial, and administrative support to the project team with an emphasis on grants under contract management and general program administration.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and coordination skills, experience and interest in supporting international development programs, and strong financial management and organization skills. The position will be based in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support drafting and/or reviewing quarterly, annual, and other periodic donor reports, including program and financial reports, success stories, communications materials, etc.;
- Support data collection, analysis, and reporting on performance indicators;
- Support identification and on-boarding of project consultants;
- Assist in the development of project work plans and budgets.
- Support program team with consultant, sub-grant, and subcontract management including tracking and reviewing grant applications, selection, monitoring, compliance, and reporting;
- Develop systems and processes for the administration of the project’s grants program;
- Provide administrative support on project activities including meeting and event planning, travel logistics, and other functions as assigned;
- Support tracking and forecasting of project spending and budget, prepare financial reports for submission to donor, and work closely with Program Manager to address matters related to project’s financial performance;
- Prepare payment requests, vouchers, project invoicing, quarterly accrual reports, and program expense reports in coordination with headquarters finance staff;
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations for all project expenses and grants under contract;
- Other duties as assigned.
This position will report to the Program Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
LINC is a small but growing business that allows proactive and flexible individuals to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented self-starter, both thoughtful and able to react quickly to opportunities and needs as they arise. The candidate should be willing to travel internationally. Specific qualifications are anticipated to include:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international relations, business administration, or related field (Master’s degree preferred);
- Minimum two years of experience working on international development programs, preferably USAID-funded;
- Previous experience supporting grants administration on USAID or other donor-funded programs;
- Demonstrated understanding of financial, administrative, and compliance requirements of donor-funded projects, knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred;
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries;
- Fluency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic.
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.