Position: Program Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: 6 August 2019
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability.
LINC seeks a full-time Program Manager with skills and demonstrated experience managing program, financial, and administrative aspects of donor-funded international development projects. The Program Manager will oversee and execute the backstopping of a new global, USAID-funded blended finance learning activity, ensuring timely, high-quality implementation, results reporting, invoicing, and payment. The Program Manager will oversee agreements with partners and consultants as well as manage one junior staff member. The position will be the central node of program management coordination with technical, financial, and operational staff to carry-out duties. The position will be based in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities (Program/Award Management):
- Tracking and supporting implementation of a blended finance learning activity, ensuring that deliverables are met on-time and to-specification;
- Preparation of periodic reporting documentation, including program and financial reports, success stories, communications materials, etc.;
- Support measurement, documentation, and assessment of project-level monitoring and evaluation (M&E);
- Negotiate and oversee agreements with subcontractors, monitor sub performance, and collect and review progress reporting;
- Support program’s grants under contracts component;
- Oversee agreements with consultants;
- Proactive identification of issues or delays facing project implementation and the means to address them;
- Travel to program field locations to support program management, new program start-up, or other needs, as appropriate;
- Represent LINC and specific programs at meetings with donors, partners, stakeholders, and at events; and
- Manage and ensure compliance of contract and grant agreements with donors in consultation with finance/operations team as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities (Program Financial Management):
- Project budgeting and on-going expenditure tracking;
- Conduct Quarterly Project Reviews in coordination with finance/operations;
- Work with finance/operations staff on preparation, review, and submission of monthly project invoices and financial reporting documentation;
- Collect invoices and financial reports from subcontractors, vendors, and consultants associated with project activities; and
- Develop project spending pipelines.
The position will directly manage a Grants and Finance Associate
The position will report to the Chief of Party
Skills and Qualifications:
LINC is a small but growing business that allows proactive and flexible individuals to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented self-starter, both thoughtful and able to react quickly to opportunities and needs as they arise. The candidate should be willing to travel internationally approximately 25%. Specific qualifications are anticipated to include:
- Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, public administration, or related field, or Bachelor’s and additional experience;
- 3-5 years professional experience managing/backstopping major donor-funded projects, including projects funded by USAID;
- Experience in preparing and reviewing both program and financial reporting documentation;
- Experience coordinating new program development efforts, including client/partner relationship development, program design, and proposal development;
- Demonstrated understanding of financial, administrative, and compliance requirements of donor-funded projects;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Demonstrated communication, coordination, and client management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries;
- Fluency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic.
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.