Position: Project Associate
Location: Washington, DC
Date posted: November 27, 2019
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. We are a team of reflective development professionals, passionate and energetic in our work and united in our commitment to locally-led development. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Program Associate with at least 3 years of prior backstopping experience on donor funded projects, preferably USAID. The Program Associate will provide support on all financial, contractual and programmatic works associated with LINC’s diverse and growing program portfolio. Backstopping responsibilities include supporting periodic program and financial project reporting, consultant communications and coordination, and contract management.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and coordination skills, experience and interest in supporting international development programs, and strong financial management and organizational skills. This position is member of LINC’s Program Management Unit (PMU) and is based in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities
LINC’s dynamic environment requires the successful candidate to be highly motivated and flexible, able to achieve goals and advance activities with minimal oversight. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Supports backstopping of multiple concurrent project activities and provides administrative, financial and operational support, ensuring program compliance with client and LINC ‘s operational, financial, procurement procedures; Assists in writing, reviewing, editing, and preparing of project reports and other deliverables;
- Works with the Program Manager to review program works plans and support measurement, documentation and assessment of project-level monitoring and evaluation;
- Closely collaborates with field team, finance and corporate services, and PMU staff in conducting proactive financial backstopping and budget tracking. Assists with preparing and tracking financial aspects of program arrangements, including processing requests for requisition, purchase orders, and invoices from vendors, consultants and LINC partners;
- Supports project consultants by developing and monitoring agreements, and ensuring high quality timely delivery of requirement;
- Supports consultant, sub-grant, and subcontract management and oversight;
- Organize and maintain all relevant project records;
- Coordinates internally among multiple staff members to produce and update communications and content for a specific project portfolio;
- Provides administrative support on project activities including meeting and event planning, travel logistics, and other functions as assigned;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required that may include administrative and project management tasks.
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibility
The Project Associate will report to the Project Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
LINC is a small, growing business that encourages proactive, flexible and team-oriented staff to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented staff member with demonstrated organizational and communications skills, experience supporting / backstopping international donor-funded projects, and a passion for improving effectiveness of social change efforts around the world. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international relations, business administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with donor-funded activities; familiarity with USAID priorities and programming is preferred;
- Experience supporting USAID programs or knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Strong aptitude in written correspondence and report writing, excellent presentation and oral communication skills;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize; and
- Experience living overseas and/or fluency in Spanish, French or Arabic is desired.
Send resume / CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.