Position: Team Lead (USAID Up to Youth Program)
Location: Pristina, Kosovo
Date Posted: December 20, 2019
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. We are a team of reflective development professionals, passionate and energetic in our work and united in our commitment to locally-led development. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Team Lead for the USAID-funded Up to Youth Activity, which addresses youth vulnerable to social exclusion by mobilizing and engaging youth in meaningful ways to effect positive change. This is a five-year activity that began in 2019. The activity works in nine communities throughout Kosovo to mobilize youth to be forces for positive change, develop and demonstrate life/soft skills among youth and, develop, build and support resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way.
The Team Lead will focus on identifying formal/informal stakeholders to sustain program activities and strategies. The Team lead will develop existing networks and building new networks to foster an environment in which youth can contribute to their communities. Specific tasks/responsibilities include:
- Develop and operationalize community engagement strategies to identify actors to engage as members of resilience networks;
- Lead activities with stakeholders to develop and strengthen municipal and/or national resilience networks;
- Develop strategies and build forums to increase in cooperation between youth and resilience networks that result in meaningful youth engagement;
- Lead efforts to develop, build and support resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way (project “Objective 3”);
- Integrate the work of the above objective (“Objective 3”) with that of the other objectives and the project overall; including support of youth mobilization and implementing life skills training;
- Work closely with the in-country program leadership and build/maintain a strong working relationship with the prime contractor, Global Communities;
- Contribute to work plans, reports, MEL plan and indicator measurement for LINC and for the program overall;
- Participate in training (and to the extent possible, training-of-trainers) on LINC methodologies that will be used in the program (in particular, network analysis and network strengthening);
- Convene and facilitate meetings among resilience network partners;
- Support resilience network leaders to identify and undertake actions for strengthening the network;
- Collaborate with and manage relationships with partner organizations, youth organizations, youth support organizations (including government offices), and volunteers at the national level and in more local (district and municipal) areas.
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibility
The Team Lead will report to the Technical Director.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social studies, business, international development, or a related field, advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum five years of learning, development, and training experience required, with at least three years working with international assistance projects preferably USAID projects;
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on youth and community resilience, economic empowerment, preferably in the Balkans;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advance complex, politically sensitive activities;
- Demonstrated experience working with civil society organizations and/or capacity building of civil society organizations;
- Demonstrated experience working with public institutions such as municipal offices, ministries of culture, youth and sports;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with partner and government representatives, donors and other stakeholders;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches;
- Fluency in English and Albanian or other local language required;
- Proficiency in Serbian preferred.
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.