Position: Resilience Specialist, Ethiopia R-PAL
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international development agencies, like USAID. Our country experience spans Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC has been working on USAID-funded programming in Ethiopia for four years. LINC is preparing to respond to a new funding opportunity, a multi-year USAID-funded “Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning” (R-PAL) activity. This is envisioned to be an agile learning, research and collaboration platform designed to facilitate joint action planning, enable adaptive management practices, and allow for evidence-based decision-making for resilience programming in the Ethiopian Highlands. The activity is anticipated to have four objectives: (1) Collaboration and coordination among USAID Ethiopia Highlands Resilience partners and investments is established and facilitated to support collective impact; (2) Highlands resilience investments are informed by learning, evidence, and research; (3) Adaptive management processes and solutions for USAID Highlands Resilience investments are adopted and employed towards evidence-based program iteration (and ingrained in the partnership’s culture); and (4) Innovation within USAID’s Highlands programming drives early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award. Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide subject matter expertise in resilience issues in the Highlands of Ethiopia.
- Develop and analyze learning documentation in resilience based upon field experiences.
- Aggregate learning across multiple activities.
- Establish and/or refine benchmarks for programmatic success.
- Identify innovative practices and potential for scaling.
- Draft recommendations for enhanced resilience programming.
- Provide technical assistance and training in resilience best practice for implementing partners and other stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience providing technical expertise to resilience, food security, and/or market systems programs in Ethiopia.
- An intimate knowledge of the Ethiopian development landscape, with particular regard to resilience programs.
- Experience leading research, training, and/or technical assistance to donor-funded resilience programs.
- Excellent planning, management, and communication skills, ability to work in teams.
- Previous experience implementing USAID or donor-funded projects preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Resilience Specialist, Ethiopia R-PAL”. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.