Position: Security and Logistics Manager
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: September 5, 2022
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the USAID Resilience Platform (2022-2027), which is designed to facilitate collaboration and coordination among USAID’s highlands resilience partners, support the adoption of adaptive management processes and solutions informed by learning, evidence, and research, and foster innovation within USAID’s highlands programming to drive early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – Admin, the Security and Logistics Manager will ensure that project operations are efficient and effective, and that Platform staff are safe and supported throughout their work. This will include providing administrative and logistical support for start-up and implementation of the program and working closely with the project management, field and home office staff, subcontractors, consultants, and vendors. In addition, the Security and Logistics Manager will be responsible for monitoring the security situation, alerting program leadership to security concerns, and providing advice on maintaining security of personnel, stakeholders, and partners when engaged in program activities.
The position is open to Ethiopian nationals only. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ensure that project operations are efficient and effective, and that R-PAL staff are safe and supported throughout their work.
- Work closely with the DCOP-Admin and other operations staff to manage the program office and support overall activity implementation.
- Support procurement, record keeping, and logistics administration in accordance with USAID and LINC’s procurement policies.
- Oversee vehicle fleet management, security management, and travel and logistics.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements, including flight, hotel, visas, and car rental reservations, etc.
- Manage inventory and asset management recording in accordance with USAID and LINC’s Asset management policy.
- Support all security and safety measures.
- Monitor safety and security situation and provide informed advice on maintaining security throughout activity implementation.
- Supervise the IT Officer, administrative staff, and driver(s).
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with an international contractor/donor funded project, especially USAID funded projects.
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures, particularly regarding security, procurement, travel, and asset management.
- Fluent in English language with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, with close attention to details in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing security elements for projects or offices. Existing relationships with security stakeholders preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining security policies and procedures.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Please send your resume/CV to email@example.com by September 5, 2022, with the subject line “Security and Logistics Manager”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.