Position: Senior Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation Advisor
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and FCDO among others. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Senior Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Advisor for a USAID-funded Kenya and East Africa Mission monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) platform. This Platform will provide the USAID/Kenya and East Africa Mission with high quality, demand-driven MEL technical assistance and analytical services and support for collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) delivered to USAID staff, implementing partners, and host country stakeholders that advance U.S. foreign policy goals and USAID’s strategic objectives in the region.
The Senior CLA Advisor will oversee and facilitate CLA and knowledge management activities among USAID’s internal and external stakeholders with an eye to adaptive management and ensuring sustainability of results and outcomes at the strategy, project, and activity levels.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**Citizens of countries in the region are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Support the development, review, and implementation of learning agendas for USAID’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate learning and knowledge sharing activities and events for USAID staff and partners.
- Document, and make available in useful form, evidence, and analytic results from USAID studies and evaluation reports, meeting notes, decisions made, and follow ups from learning engagements.
- Provide training and capacity building on CLA and adaptive management methods and tools and best practices to USAID, IP staff, and other stakeholders. Support them to integrate and institutionalize CLA best practices as needed.
- Support collaboration among implementing partners and other stakeholders to discuss findings from research studies, evaluations, and assessments, and identify how they can adapt program implementation to improve sustainability of outcomes.
- Identify key messages, develop, and disseminate knowledge and learning products through diverse communication channels.
- Help create and maintain a culture of learning and adaptive management within the MEL Platform.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- Master’s or PhD degree in organizational, communications, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and managing learning and adaptive management approaches with USAID or other organizations.
- A minimum of five years’ experience training / facilitating large groups.
- Practical experience with applying USAID CLA Framework, tools, and approaches.
- Experience developing and implementing learning agendas and other collaborative learning activities.
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience working in the East Africa region strongly preferred.
- Understanding of USAID regulations and policies, including but not limited to the Automated Directives System 201, Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance.
Please send a resume/CV to KEA@linclocal.org by March 10, 2022, with the subject line “East Africa Senior CLA Advisor.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.