Position: Senior Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation Specialist
Position Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: November 22, 2022
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and FCDO among others. Our country experience spans Latin America Africa, Asia, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Senior Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Specialist for an upcoming USAID-funded monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) platform in Guatemala. This Platform will provide USAID/Guatemala with high-quality, demand-driven MEL technical assistance and analytical services and support for CLA delivered to USAID/Guatemala staff, implementing partners, and Guatemalan stakeholders that advance U.S. foreign policy goals and USAID’s strategic objectives in Guatemala.
The Senior CLA Specialist will oversee and facilitate CLA and knowledge management activities among USAID/Guatemala internal and external stakeholders with an eye to adaptive management and ensuring sustainability of results and outcomes at the strategy, project, and activity levels.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**Citizens of Guatemala are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Support the development, review, and implementation of learning agendas for USAID/Guatemala internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate learning and knowledge sharing activities and events for USAID staff and partners.
- Document, and make available in useful form, evidence, and analytic results from MEL platform studies and evaluation reports, and learning engagements.
- Provide training and capacity building on CLA and adaptive management methods and tools and best practices to USAID, implementing staff, and Guatemalan institutions (universities, government agencies, and other MEL stakeholders). Support them to integrate and institutionalize CLA best practices as needed.
- Support collaboration among implementing partners and other stakeholders to discuss findings from research studies, evaluations, and assessments, and identify how they can adapt program implementation to improve sustainability of outcomes.
- Identify key messages, develop, and disseminate knowledge and learning products through diverse communication channels.
- Help create and maintain a culture of learning and adaptive management within the MEL platform.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in organizational development, communications, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum seven years of demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and managing learning and adaptive management approaches with USAID or other organizations.
- A minimum of five years’ experience training/facilitating large groups.
- Practical experience with applying USAID CLA Framework, tools, and approaches.
- Experience developing and implementing learning agendas and other collaborative learning activities, especially related to migration.
- Prior experience working in Guatemala required, with a strong understanding of Guatemala’s context and culture.
- Fluent Spanish and strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of USAID regulations and policies, including but not limited to the Automated Directives System 201 and Evaluation Policy.
Please send a resume/CV to GuatemalaMEL@linclocal.org by November 22, 2022, with the subject line “Guatemala Senior CLA Specialist.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.