Position: Senior Data and Analytics Specialist
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Position Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: February 28, 2023
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and FCDO among others. Our country experience spans Latin America Africa, Asia, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the new five-year, USAID-funded Resilience Learning Activity (RLA). The activity supports USAID and its resilience partners with learning, collaboration, and research around resilience issues in Ethiopia. RLA serves as a “learning sidecar” to USAID/Ethiopia and its implementing partners, helping them to better understand what relief and development interventions can help make households, communities, and systems more resilient to increasingly persistent shocks and stresses. RLA provides support with learning processes and frameworks, development and consolidation of learning and research agendas, and support to resilience partners for adaptive management, results measurement, and the increased integration of systems thinking and rapid feedback into their respective toolboxes.
The Data and Analytics Specialist will work with the RLA research and learning team to build and analyze complex datasets, produce dashboards and visualizations, and draw out insights from statistics and research. The successful candidate should have strong skills in both managing and analyzing complex datasets, in collaboration with subject matter experts and researchers. The successful candidate should have excellent skills and experience with building and maintaining knowledge management platforms and fluency in applications such as Power Bi, Kobo, ODK, ComCare, Tableau, Kumu, STATA, ATLAS.ti, NVivo, and SPSS, and other relevant platforms.
- Data management and consolidation, layering multiple data sources / sets relevant to resilience of communities and populations (including climactic, early warning, nutrition, agriculture, and food aid-related) throughout Ethiopia in order to draw out insights related to vulnerability.
- Consistently assess reporting and analysis needs for RLA staff including COP, DCOP, work-stream Managers and specialists, and USAID.
- Organize and lead the design and implementation of data analysis and visualization strategy and tools for RLA.
- Assist USAID implementing partners in database use, including for the effective targeting of communities and populations for assistance through data-informed decision making.
- Work with RLA and USAID communications and knowledge management (CKM) staff to develop specifications and help build and maintain a knowledge management platform that suits user needs.
- Develop data visualizations for staff to use in their trainings, communications, outreach, and reporting.
- Analyze complex datasets drawn from RLA and partner research in specific issue areas.
- Use statistical tools to interpret resilience data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Develop databases and dashboards to track specific projects and activities supported by RLA.
- Provide support and guidance to the research team to develop appropriate data collection methods, tools, instruments.
- Work with staff to help establish and operationalize data components of resilience innovation hub for building and sharing evidence.
- Develop and train teams on the use of data collection frameworks (quantitative and qualitative)
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in IT, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field.
- 10 years or more of progressively responsible and related work experience.
- Significant experience creating and using data products for a variety of audiences to drive decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level analytical insights.
- Expertise in advanced statistical, research and visualization software including such as Power Bi, Kobo, ODK, ComCare, Tableau, Kumu, STATA, ATLAS.ti, NVivo, and SPSS.
- Proven experience in management and use of mobile data collection platforms.
- Experience producing clear, appealing visualizations to meet learning requirements and needs.
- Ability to manage and integrate multiple data sources and sets.
- Experience producing knowledge management platforms and dashboards.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in experimental design and qualitative data analysis software.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Amharic are required.
Please send your resume/CV to email@example.com by February 28, 2023, with the subject line “Senior Data and Analytics Specialist.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.