Position: Senior Director of Finance and Administration
Location: Washington, DC preferred
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, like USAID. Our country experience spans Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Senior Director of Finance and Administration to take over the leadership and management of corporate operations, finance, contracts, compliance, human resources, IT, and administration across LINC’s corporate operations and project portfolio. The Senior Director will support the smooth functioning of the organization by establishing and overseeing systems, helping maintain an ethical and inclusive work environment, ensuring adherence to compliance regulations, and ensuring the financial and administrative good-standing of the organization. The Senior Director will also contribute to business development initiatives, assembling and overseeing cost proposals and negotiates contracts and agreements with clients and vendors. The Senior Director reports directly to a LINC Managing Director, is a member of LINC’s Leadership Team, and advises LINC’s senior leadership on financial, administrative, and other related matters. The Senior Director supervises LINC’s accounting staff and other corporate operations staff.
This position is based in Washington DC.
- Provide management of all contracts, compliance, financial reporting, administration, IT, and human resources personnel and functions within the organization.
- Manage and oversee monthly accounting close and internal/external financial reporting.
- Develop and oversee LINC’s policies, procedures, and finance/administration forms to ensure legal, regulatory, contractual, and corporate governance and accountability, while remaining flexible to growth.
- Oversee client, sub-partner, and consultant contracts/awards and related actions.
- Draft and negotiate contracts/awards, subcontracts/sub-awards, and oversee procurement processes.
- Coordinate extensively with LINC’s Programs Department to ensure timely payments, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate extensively with LINC’s Programs Department to ensure the compliance and effective implementation of all programs, specifically related to financial and contractual management, budgeting, forecasting, procurements, and compliance with host-country laws and regulations.
- Lead cost proposal preparation and submission; collaborate with the Business Development leads on cost, compliance, and contractual matters related to business development initiatives.
- Oversee corporate finance, budgeting, financial reporting, forecasting, and indirect rate structuring, including preparation and negotiation of annual NICRA submissions.
- Lead LINC’s external audit preparation and communications with external auditors.
- Oversee Human Resources policies and procedures, including onboarding, HR manual, benefits, and personnel record-keeping.
- Perform periodic benefits benchmarking to ensure LINC offers a competitive benefits package.
- Keep LINC staff and leadership informed of important updates (actual and expected) to regulations and policy that may affect our work.
- Support LINC’s mission of empowering local actors and systems, including engagement and leadership in relevant learning communities, work with donors to understand how their policies affect local actor success, and support to local actors on developing appropriate and responsive finance and administrative processes.
- Engagement in overall strategy and leadership of LINC, participating on LINC’s Leadership Team, and identifying, prioritizing and leading strategic initiatives as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or a relevant field (advanced degree preferred).
- Minimum 12 years of demonstrated experience with gradual increases in responsibility in the areas of finance, contracts, human resources, and operational management.
- Minimum 7 years of experience overseeing corporate and project-level finance, human resource, and operations for USAID funded projects and organizations.
- 10 years management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanisms including cost-reimbursable and fixed-price contracts, cooperative agreements, fixed amount awards, and indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) mechanisms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations, including areas such as grants management, NICRA, and procurement.
- Experience developing and implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures, and systems.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Willingness to undertake periodic travel to LINC’s international project locations as required (typically no more than 10% of time per year).
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Director of Finance and Administration”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.