Position: Senior Learning Advisor
Position Status: Full-Time
Apply by: October 22, 2021
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and FCDO among others. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Senior Learning Advisor for the USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform in Ghana. This Platform will provide USAID/Ghana with expert monitoring, evaluation, and learning services for USAID/Ghana offering high quality, demand-driven monitoring and evaluation technical assistance and analytical services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and local country stakeholders that advance U.S. foreign policy goals and USAID’s strategic objectives in Ghana.
The Senior Learning Advisor will lead learning, knowledge management, and adaptive programming activities under the MEL Platform and facilitate strong collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) management practices in USAID/Ghana and the Government of Ghana’s business processes and throughout the program cycle.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**Citizens of Ghana are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Lead learning, knowledge management, and adaptive programming activities.
- Facilitate strong CLA management practices in USAID/Ghana and the Government of Ghana’s business processes and throughout the program cycle.
- Assist in identifying and responding to key learning issues, coordinate efforts amongst implementing partners working in common Development Objectives (DOs) and serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues.
- Develop and implement a learning plan for the Government of Ghana, the Mission Community of Practice, and implementing partners that outlines key learning questions and stakeholders and their roles.
- Support strategic communications, including producing publications and organizing public events with partners and other stakeholders.
- Conduct business process re-engineering, including assisting in negotiating change management on MEL-related issues.
- Facilitate processes and workshops and CLA among implementing partners and other stakeholders and help develop plans for program adaptation; establish a network of key stakeholders and organize periodic, appropriate opportunities for USAID and GOG to interact with them.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree in a field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business, or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics or development studies.
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning; monitoring and evaluation; project design; facilitation of learning; and knowledge management.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation and USAID’s collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) approach, including using MEL activities and adaptive management approaches to inform and improve project implementation.
- Prior experience working in Ghana required, with a strong understanding of Ghana’s context and culture.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Please send a resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by October 22, 2021, with the subject line “Ghana MEL Senior Learning Advisor.” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.