Position: Senior Organizational Capacity Development Specialist
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Status: Full Time
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to facilitate collective action, map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and FCDO among others. Our country experience spans Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Senior Organizational Capacity Development Specialist for the USAID-funded Enhancing Local Development (ELD) activity in Vietnam. This Activity is designed to support the capacity of and engagement between sub-national government, local organizations, and other local stakeholders, leading to more transparent policymaking, effective implementation processes, and better delivery of services to Vietnamese citizens.
The Senior Organizational Capacity Development Specialist will provide expert technical assistance to increase technical, leadership, management, and adaptive capacity of local organizations including private sector associations and businesses, and civil society organizations to effectively engage with each other and the government to support more transparent policymaking, effective implementation, and better delivery of services to citizens.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**Citizens of Vietnam are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Oversee the progress of the Activity’s organizational non-governmental capacity development activities, coordinating closely with LINC’s headquarters and field technical team.
- Develop strategies to identify, assess and strengthen relevant organizations and systems engaged by the Activity. Establish and strengthen relationships among Activity partners and stakeholders.
- Facilitate institutional and organizational assessments and develop methods for assessing progress over time.
- Develop and implement capacity development action plans, providing oversight and guidance to individuals and organizations engaged in capacity and technical development.
- Develop capacity development materials and provide tailored technical assistance, training, and coaching for local organizations.
- Facilitate networking opportunities and events to promote peer learning, collaboration, and joint action.
- Facilitate and/or co-facilitate multi-stakeholder coordination and collaborative initiatives (collective action) across non-government stakeholders and between government and non-government stakeholders.
- Monitor, document and report on progress, including tracking of all relevant M&E data and periodic program reporting.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the ELD Activity’s other technical specialists to ensure activities complement and support one another, and to avoid duplication of efforts.
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in institutional capacity development, facilitation, and training.
- Expert trainer and facilitator, with extensive experience developing the capacity of local organizations in core skill areas.
- Experience and familiarity developing and using institutional capacity assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Prior experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Prior experience or familiarity with collective action and network approaches is highly desirable.
- Prior experience working in Vietnam required, with a strong understanding of Vietnam’s context and culture.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and proficiency in written and spoken English required.
Please send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Vietnam ELD Senior Organizational Capacity Development Specialist”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.