Position: Technical Assistance Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: September 5, 2022
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the USAID Resilience Platform (2022-2027), which is designed to facilitate collaboration and coordination among USAID’s highlands resilience partners, support the adoption of adaptive management processes and solutions informed by learning, evidence, and research, and foster innovation within USAID’s highlands programming to drive early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
The Technical Assistance Officer will support the Collective Impact Platform Manager to implement multi-stakeholder collective impact activities. The Technical Assistance Officer will actively coordinate across the project team, including technical and administrative support staff, to provide partners support for facilitation, technology, communications, data collection, reporting, logistics and administration. Support services will include “logistical support for learning” for stakeholders engaged in our collective impact effort. Support provided must be responsive and calibrated to demand from our partners.
The position is open to Ethiopian nationals only. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manage, coordinate, and provide demand-driven technical assistance to implementing partners.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Collaboration Platform, including identifying stakeholders and communities of practice and establishing a structure and governance process for the platform.
- Provide services including logistical, administrative and event support needed for the collective impact initiative to function properly.
- Support the finalization and dissemination of a “Technical Assistance Service Menu” by month 6 of implementation and ensure its regular update and dissemination among highlands resilience partners.
- Coordinate with Security and Logistics Manager and Administrative Officer as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned related to the implementation of multi-stakeholder collective impact activities
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum four years of demonstrated experience coordinating complex technical assistance and facilitating cooperation among partners, whom in some cases will advance competing agendas and/or be resistant to change.
- Familiarity with monitoring, evaluation, and learning frameworks.
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills, with an entrepreneurial spirt and attention to detail.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2022, with the subject line “Technical Assistance Officer.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.