Position: Institutional Capacity Building Specialist
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Position Status: Full time
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability.
Description of Services
LINC seeks an Institutional Capacity Building Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity. The purpose of Uganda IAM is to increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of households through agricultural-led inclusive economic growth. The Activity will scale up the market systems approach and focus investments on cross-market functions that enhance systemic changes. This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
The Institutional Capacity Building Specialist is expected to provide expert-level technical assistance to increase technical, leadership, management, and adaptive capacity of Ugandan organizations including but not limited to government institutions and agencies, and civil society organizations to perform their roles and responsibilities in the market system.
- Oversee the progress of the Activity’s organizational capacity development activities, coordinating closely with LINC’s headquarters and field technical team.
- Develop a strategy to identify, assess and strengthen relevant organizations engaged by the Activity. Establish strong relationships with Activity partners and stakeholders and strengthen inter and intra-actor relationships.
- Facilitate institutional and organizational assessments, develop capacity development plans, and track the progress of organizations over time.
- Develop capacity building materials and provide tailored training and technical assistance for local organizations.
- Monitor, document and report on progress, including tracking of all relevant M&E data and periodic program reporting to prime contractor and LINC HQ.
- Facilitate networking opportunities and local stakeholder experience sharing events.
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience in institutional capacity development, facilitation, and training
- Expert trainer and facilitator, with extensive experience training local organizations in core skill areas
- Experience and familiarity developing and utilizing institutional capacity assessment and diagnostic tools
- Prior experience working with USAID or other donor funded programs preferred
- Prior experience or familiarity with agriculture and market systems programming in Uganda is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills, including excellent writing ability in English
- Prior experience working in Uganda and/or similar regions strongly preferred. Ugandan nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Send resume / CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.