Position: Administrative Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Status: Full-time employee
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business organized around a commitment to local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the new five-year, USAID-funded Resilience Learning Activity (RLA). The activity supports USAID and its resilience partners with learning, collaboration, and research around resilience issues in Ethiopia. RLA serves as a “learning sidecar” to USAID/Ethiopia and its implementing partners, helping them to better understand what relief and development interventions can help make households, communities, and systems more resilient to increasingly persistent shocks and stresses. RLA provides support with learning processes and frameworks, development and consolidation of learning and research agendas, and support to resilience partners for adaptive management, results measurement, and the increased integration of systems thinking and rapid feedback into their respective toolboxes.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations and Logistics Manager, the Administrative Officer responsible for providing administrative, procurement and logistics support for implementation of the RLA activity, working closely with the Operations and Logistics Manager and project staff.
- Ensure purchase requisitions are complete and reviewed by the Deputy Chief of Party-Admin and approved by the Chief of Party or their designate.
- Ensure specifications of materials to be procured are complete, clear and correct. Prepare bid documents including advertisements as needed and collect quotations and submit to Operations and Logistics Manager.
- Conduct terrorism and debarment checks to ensure subcontractors, suppliers, and service providers are not in the terrorism and debarment lists and document evidence on the checks made for further reference.
- Ensure that there are no discrepancies between ordered and delivered goods or services and issue GRN.
- Prepare and affix inventory IDs and USAID Logo on fixed assets before dispatching or issuing the assets.
- Assist the selection, award, and monitoring of grant recipients while ensuring their performance is aligned with overall program objectives.
Logistics and Facilities
- Assist the Operations and Logistics Manager with all activities such as organize, coordinate and follow-up meetings, reserving conferences rooms, travel arrangements, booking air ticket accommodation and vehicle arrangement.
- Ensure office supplies are available for the workshops/trainings.
- Follow up on Internet and other utilities bills and submit payment requests to finance on time.
- Ensure that all incoming and outgoing letters and other documents are properly filed and maintained.
- Honor custodianship of the petty cash and cash equivalent documents of the Project.
- Prepare petty cash payment vouchers and effect payment assigning appropriate GL account and submit them along with the supporting documents to the Accountant.
- Maintain petty cash register log and submit replenishment request along with the supporting documents and cash count as per LINC guidelines for handling petty cash fund.
- Assist the Operations and Logistics manager in area of HR.
- Assist the accountant in gathering VAT documentations, preparing reimbursement requests, and following up on the refund of VAT paid to vendors when necessary.
- Assist the annual physical count of project property which are made at the end of Project Fiscal Year. Assist in establish and maintain an inventory control system.
- Assist the administration team in preparation of all contractual agreements (including purchase order, subcontract agreement, vendor agreement, consultant agreement and others) in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and LINC Procedures Manual.
- Ensure that all maintenances of office equipment, furniture and other project property, other than vehicles, are made as required.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the Operations and Logistics Manager relating to the overall project framework and objectives.
Please send your resume/CV to email@example.com, with the subject line “Administrative Officer” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal-opportunity employer.