Position: Capacity Building Specialists
Location: Burkina Faso and Niger
Position Status: Full-time employee
LINC is seeking Capacity Building Specialists for an anticipated USAID Sahel Collaboration and Communication (SCC) activity to be implemented in Burkina Faso and Niger. This platform will provide coordination, collaboration, and learning support to the Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced II (RISE II) and support enhanced capacity to learn and adapt among key stakeholders, including: 1) local communities and communes; 2) civil society and private sector, especially women and youth; 3) USAID’s core implementing partners of RISE II, Sahel Development Partnership (SDP), and Bridge project; 4) other USG programs; 5) host country governments and other donors and partners; and 6) regional organizations.
The Capacity Building Specialists will oversee collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) capacity building for beneficiaries, local partners, and partner governments. This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- In coordination with project leadership, technical staff, and other implementing partners, develop SCC’s strategy and approaches to CLA capacity development of key stakeholders;
- Facilitate institutional and stakeholder needs, develop capacity development plans, and track the progress of organizations over time;
- Coordinate the design and delivery of training and technical assistance to key stakeholders;
- Strengthen government partner capacity for technical and organizational learning;
- Oversee the progress of the project capacity development activities, coordinating closely with LINC’s headquarters and field technical team;
- Support development of workplans, monitoring & evaluation plans, and project reporting and communications.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- Degree in international development, public administration, organizational development or a related area, advanced degree preferred;
- 6-10 years of demonstrated experience in capacity development, organizational development facilitation, CLA, and training and technical assistance to a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Experience and familiarity developing and utilizing capacity assessment and diagnostic tools;
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills;
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English and French required;
- Prior experience working in Burkina Faso and/or Niger preferred;
- Proficiency in monitoring, evaluation, and learning preferred;
- Experience with systems strengthening and collective impact approaches preferred.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send resume/CV to email@example.com with the subject “Burkina Faso and Niger Capacity Building Specialist.” No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.