Position: Collective Action Capacity Development Specialist
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Position Status: Independent Contractor/ Offeror
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
Position Description and Responsibilities
LINC seeks a Collective Action Capacity Development Specialist for implementation of USAID’s Sustainable WASH Systems Learning Partnership (SWS). SWS is applying, researching, and learning about systems-based approaches to improve the sustainability of water, sanitation and hygiene services. This position will be based in Addis Ababa with travel to other regions of Ethiopia.
The Collective Action Capacity Development Specialist is expected to provide expert-level facilitation and technical assistance to increase technical, leadership, management, and adaptive capacity of local networks and participant organizations including but not limited to government institutions and agencies, private sector associations and businesses, and civil society organizations to perform their roles and responsibilities in the local system.
- Oversee the progress of the activity’s network and organizational capacity development activities, coordinating closely with LINC’s headquarters and field technical team.
- Facilitate discussions of capacity for collective action with multi-stakeholder groups / network participants to understand the vision, current situation and needs for existing networks.
- Develop strategies to identify, assess and strengthen relevant organizations engaged by the activity. Establish strong relationships with Activity partners and stakeholders and strengthen relationships.
- Facilitate network, institutional and organizational assessments, develop capacity development plans, and track the progress of organizations over time.
- Monitor, document and report on progress, including tracking of all relevant M&E data and periodic program reporting.
- Facilitate networking opportunities and events to share local stakeholders’ experiences.
- Ability to travel to other regions of Ethiopia for field work.
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 to 8 years of demonstrated experience in institutional capacity development, facilitation, and training
- Expert facilitator and trainer, with extensive experience supporting diverse local groups to plan jointly and make decisions
- Prior experience or familiarity with collective action and network approaches is highly desirable
- Experience and familiarity developing and utilizing institutional capacity assessment and diagnostic tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including fluency in Amharic and proficiency in English
- This position open to local nationals only
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.