Position: Deputy Chief of Party/Performance Monitoring Specialist
Position Status: Full-time
Apply by: August 31, 2023
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business committed to supporting local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of systems thinking, monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID/Peru Program Cycle and Monitoring, Evaluation, Collaboration and Learning Support activity. This program will provide technical support and/or services on relevant areas of the USAID program cycle, including support for effective planning; robust design; performance reporting; conducting special studies; data quality assessments (DQA), monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA); and knowledge management (KM) at all levels to support programs and activities from Peru’s bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as from USAID Missions in South America.
The Deputy Chief of Party/Performance Monitoring Specialist will provide leadership, day-to-day management, and technical support for the Platform. While supporting the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party/Performance Monitoring Specialist will focus primarily on ensuring exceptional technical delivery, including assessment and analysis of ongoing USAID activities in South America, and strengthening the capacity of staff and partners.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**This position is only open to citizens of Peru **
- Support the Chief of Party with overall leadership of the activity, including program planning, technical execution, financial management, and operations, ensuring seamless coordination among all components.
- Oversee the design, implementation, resourcing, and quality assurance of all assessments, performance and impact evaluations, and Data Quality Assessments.
- Design evaluation methodologies, data collection methods, instruments, and protocols for evaluations.
- Provide support to implementing partners in data collection, analysis, and presentation ensuring rigor and quality assurance; oversee any data collection and analysis carried out by the Platform.
- Draft technical scopes of work for and supervise the performance of consultants and subcontractors.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate learning activities for USAID staff and partners.
- Support the management, training, and mentoring of Platform staff.
- Coordinate and provide MEL technical assistance to USAID implementing partners and other partner organizations.
- Coordinate and consult with USAID implementing partners, and other key stakeholders and audiences as required.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable USG, USAID, and LINC rules and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A master’s degree in evaluation, economics, international development, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated experience supporting complex donor-funded activities in a team environment, ideally for USAID.
- At least five years of experience recruiting and successfully managing teams with an emphasis on quality products.
- Prior experience working in South America required.
- Prior experience working in a senior role on a USAID project required.
- Experience designing and managing impact and performance evaluations, analyses, and assessments, including experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods, design of evaluation methodology; and data collection, methods, and verification.
- Familiarity with USAID’s collaborating, learning, and adapting framework required; familiarity with innovative MEL approaches preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing learning and adaptive management approaches with USAID or other donors.
- Proven USAID and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required; Portuguese a plus.
- Understanding of USAID regulations and policies, including but not limited to the Automated Directives System 201, Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Peru Deputy Chief of Party”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.