Position: Evaluation Expert
Position Status: Full-Time
Apply by: August 31, 2023
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business committed to supporting local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of systems thinking, monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
LINC is seeking an Evaluation Expert for the upcoming USAID/Peru Program Cycle and Monitoring, Evaluation, Collaboration and Learning Support activity. This program will provide technical support and/or services on relevant areas of the USAID program cycle, including support for effective planning; robust design; performance reporting; conducting special studies; data quality assessments (DQA); monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA); and knowledge management (KM) at all levels to support programs and activities from Peru’s bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as from USAID Missions in South America.
The Evaluation Expert will oversee evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including reporting and, in collaboration with the Chief of Party, ensuring that results are disseminated and used.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
**This position is only open to citizens of Peru **
- Oversee evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Responsible for the design, quality, and final deliverables of all evaluation reports and any evaluations, assessments, surveys, and studies, including testing of development hypotheses, where feasible.
- Responsible for design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Work with the Chief of Party to share evaluation information and support its uptake and use through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation.
- Draft technical scopes of work for and supervise the performance of consultants and subcontractors.
- Coordinate and provide evaluation technical assistance to USAID, implementing partners, and partner organizations.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, agriculture, statistics, or business administration.
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated experience with program monitoring approaches as well as mixed-methods evaluation methodologies (i.e., both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing, and analysis).
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation and USAID’s collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) approach, including using MEL activities to inform project implementation.
- Experience designing and leading performance evaluations required, and impact evaluations preferred.
- Understanding of international development, including health, education, governance, and energy.
- Prior experience working in Peru or the South America region required.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required; Portuguese a plus.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Peru Evaluation Expert”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.