Position: Finance Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: April 23, 2019
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
Position Description and Responsibilities
LINC is seeking an Finance Coordinator to with 1-2 years of prior experience to support administration, review, tracking and coordination of LINC’s financial operations. The Finance Coordinator works with LINC’s accounting systems and procedures and reviews HQ and field invoicing, purchase requests, wire requests, and expense reports to ensure compliance and sufficient documentation; s/he also assists general HR and administrative requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports LINC’s regular payment cycles, reviewing independent consultant timesheets, invoices, expense reports, and purchase orders
- Drafts initial contracts for independent consultants
- Support input of time recorded into LINC’s labor distribution system
- Tracks program-related financial and accounting data, including DBA insurance, advance funds to travelers, etc.
- Reviews coding and description of invoices processed in field offices and headquarters to ensure they are in compliance with LINC policies.
- Reviews employee expense reports to ensure compliance with internal policies and client regulations.
- Responds to staff and vendor inquiries related to payments and expenses.
- Maintains proper accounting department backup documentation and files.
- Supports budget development and monthly and quarterly project financial tracking as well as monthly invoice preparation support
- Supports with other accounting functions and tasks on an as-needed basis.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in finance/accounting, business management or equivalent
- Excellent, demonstrated organization and tracking skills
- 1-2 years of experience working in a non-profit or contractor finance department preferred
- Experience supporting donor-funded projects, specifically USAID
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.