Position: Procurement and Subaward Manager
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Position Status: Full-time employee
Apply by: July 31, 2023
LINC is a small business, headquartered in Washington DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors, increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs, consulting firms, and international cooperation agencies, including USAID. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the new five-year, USAID-funded Resilience Learning Activity (RLA). The activity supports USAID and its resilience partners with learning, collaboration, and research around resilience issues in Ethiopia. RLA serves as a “learning sidecar” to USAID/Ethiopia and its implementing partners, helping them to better understand what relief and development interventions can help make households, communities, and systems more resilient to increasingly persistent shocks and stresses. RLA provides support with learning processes and frameworks, development and consolidation of learning and research agendas, and support to resilience partners for adaptive management, results measurement, and the increased integration of systems thinking and rapid feedback into their respective toolboxes.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – Admin, the Procurement and Subaward Manager will support and oversee the grants/subawards and procurement processes for the program, ensuring they adhere to USAID and LINC policies and procedures. The Procurement and Subaward Manager will support the selection, award, and monitoring of grant recipients while ensuring their performance is aligned with overall program objectives.
The position is open to Ethiopian nationals only. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ensure that program grants, subawards, and procurements meet all USAID contractual requirements and are compliant with USAID policies and regulations.
- Support the selection, award, and monitoring of grant recipients while ensuring their performance is aligned with overall program objectives.
- Review and process all financial and technical reports from grant recipients for approval by the DCOP-Admin in accordance with LINC’s procedures and contract requirements.
- Regularly monitor grant recipient activities and operations to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
- Provide training and assistance as needed by grant recipients to ensure they are managed according to USAID contractual requirements, are compliant with USAID and LINC policies, and meet program objectives.
- Manage procurement processes from beginning to end as required by the program.
- Other tasks as required and assigned by the DCOP-Admin.
Specific Grant / Subaward Management Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of the overall programmatic strategy for roll-out of the Grants Under Contract (GUC) program.
- Participate in the design of RFAs, publication of RFAs, issuing of RFA packages to prospective applicants, manage the administrative process of receiving RFA applicant and providing the applicants to the RFA Review Committee.
- Administer competitive RFA processes in accordance with the RLA GUC manual, with, for each RFA, clearly defined and communicated steps for selecting, negotiating and awarding subawards.
- Responsible for the review of RFA applicants’ budgets and budget narratives for completeness, cost realism and compliance with RFA budget requirements.
- Responsible for pre-award financial review and other due diligence of apparently successful applicants.
- Coordinate selection of grant/subaward agreement type, draft grant and negotiate grant agreements with selected subrecipients.
- Draft modifications to grants, as needed.
- Review subrecipient reports for correctness and completeness and ensure that reports are submitted on time.
- Follow up on all grant/subaward compliance issues and audits and document resolutions.
- Create and update/maintain grant/subaward journal and enter grant expenditure reports.
- Maintain grant/subaward files in accordance with the GUC Manual/Field Office Manual.
- Process subrecipient payments and reconcile grant financial tracking to general ledger reports.
- Responsible for grant/subaward financial close-outs, including ensuring that all requirements of the grant agreement have been met and that grant funds have been properly settled.
- Provide appropriate training to improve grantee/sub-awardee financial and management capability and provides post-award briefing to newly awarded.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing subawards for a USAID program of similar size and in-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, particularly as related to procurement for contracts and grants.
- Fluent in English language with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound business ethics, including protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com by July 31, 2023, with the subject line “Procurement and Subaward Manager.” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.