Position: Resilience Research & Innovation Specialist
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Position Status: Full-time
Apply by: October 21, 2023
LINC is a mission-driven US-based small business committed to supporting local organizations leading their own development. We do this by implementing programs and delivering consulting and training in the areas of systems thinking, monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL), capacity-strengthening, and collective action. The recipient of USAID’s Small Business of the Year award in 2017, we are a team of reflective and passionate development professionals. Our country experience spans Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
In Ethiopia, LINC is implementing the new five-year, USAID-funded Resilience Learning Activity (RLA). The activity supports USAID and its resilience partners with learning, collaboration, and research around resilience issues in Ethiopia. RLA serves as a “learning sidecar” to USAID/Ethiopia and its implementing partners, helping them to better understand what relief and development interventions can help make households, communities, and systems more resilient to increasingly persistent shocks and stresses. RLA provides support with learning processes and frameworks, development and consolidation of learning and research agendas, and support to resilience partners for adaptive management, results measurement, and the increased integration of systems thinking and rapid feedback into their respective toolboxes.
The Resilience Innovation Specialist will support the research team in contributing a deep understanding of resilience. The Resilience Innovation Specialist will focus on providing technical expertise in resilience and innovation and building the capacity of our local innovation partner.
The position is open to Ethiopian nationals only.
- Provide technical expertise to RLA staff, USAID, and partners in technical aspects of resilience program strategy and measurement.
- Contribute and provide technical support to the development of a s resilience measurement playbook.
- Contribute and provide technical support to the updating of our resilience research agenda.
- Promote cross-fertilization of new ideas and approaches across the resilience portfolio, including the facilitation of learning events, visits, and other activities.
- Generate written learning and outreach materials for resilience partners including research and learning briefs.
- Support demand driven resilience research.
- Contribute to work planning and periodic reporting.
- Represent RLA in attending resilience learning events both locally and internationally.
- Lead coordination providing technical support to our local partner JaRco leading the resilience innovation component of the project.
- Facilitate a relationship and identifies opportunities for innovation to be explored in RLA’s Communities of Practice (CoPrs).
- Oversee the development and ongoing updating of knowledge management platform for innovation in resilience programming.
- Work to source innovation and scalable approaches to resilience through partnership with organizations implementing resilience innovations, other relevant stakeholders.
- Work with the communications team to disseminate and amplify good practices that can be scaled.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of total work experience and a minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience providing resilience technical expertise to donor-funded resilience projects.
- Strong technical expertise in traditional and innovative approaches to research design, and adaptive management.
- Expertise in organizing and/or facilitating learning initiatives and outreach events.
- Understanding of resilience impact measurement frameworks and MEL strategies for identifying and assessing success.
- Entrepreneurial orientation, demonstrated through the forging of partnerships.
- Excellent planning, management, and communication skills, ability to work in teams.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic.
- Prior experience in resilience programming is highly desired.
- Prior experience working in Ethiopia and East Africa strongly preferred.
Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 23,2023, with the subject line “Resilience Innovation Specialist” All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.