Position: MEL Proposal Writer
Position Status: Consultancy
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. Awarded USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” distinction in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally led development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and DFID among others. Our country experience spans Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking experienced technical writers to support the design and writing of high-quality technical proposals in response USAID Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities. This may include responses to both full and open solicitations as well the Requests for Task Order Proposals (RFTOPs) under MEL IDIQs that LINC holds: the USAID Bureau of Policy, Planning and Learning (USAID/PPL) global Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Services (EVAL-ME II) IDIQ and the regional USAID/Kenya and East Africa Evaluations, Assessments, and Analyses (EAA) IDIQ.
Responsibilities may vary across bids and may include:
- Serve as lead or support writer on priority bids.
- Participate in capture and pre-positioning activities, gather relevant technical inputs from staff and partners.
- Lead and/or support the planning and facilitation of bid strategy, technical approach design, and proposal review sessions in coordination with LINC and partner technical and business development teams.
- Develop proposal outlines compliant with RFP requirements.
- Draft technical approach and other proposal sections, as needed, including executive summaries, institutional capabilities, management plans, and implementation plans.
- Provide proofreading and final editing of proposal documents and ensure clarity, compliance, and high quality of the written content.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in international development, international relations, business administration, social sciences, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years professional experience supporting USAID-funded international development program.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience writing winning proposals for USAID.
- Understanding of USAID Program Cycle and policies and frameworks including the Journey to Self-Reliance and Evaluation Policy, among others.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and on a tight schedule.
- Ability to work in multicultural teams.
- Keen attention to detail.
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience designing and writing proposals for USAID-funded MEL activities, including MEL platform activities, is strongly preferred.
Please submit a resume, a 3-page writing sample, and daily rate information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “MEL Proposal Writer” included in the subject line. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.