About the Project
The US Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Ghana Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform is a $16.5 million, four-year (2022 – 2024) activity with the objective to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support to USAID/Ghana, USAID’s implementing partners, Ghanaian academic and research institutions, and the Government of Ghana.
The MEL Platform activity represents USAID/Ghana’s flagship initiative to enhance core Mission performance management functions and strengthen the integration of evidence into USAID/Ghana programming, the collaborative relationships across USAID staff and implementing partners around learning, and in-house and partner monitoring and evaluation capacity.
Services under the Ghana MEL Platform will include:
- Performance management support: strengthening results measurement, MEL plan reviews, performance data analysis, and supporting performance management.
- Research and analysis: conducting assessments, special studies, and surveys.
- Evaluation services: performance and impact evaluations.
- Capacity building and learning support: M&E and learning-related training, workshops, and coaching, learning events for USAID staff, implementing partners, and other stakeholders, engagement with Government of Ghana and other local research institutions.
- Knowledge management databases and Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping.
USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and different stakeholders attend the official launch of the Ghana MEL Platform Activity in Accra. Photo: Emmanuel Attramah
- Communication and outreach: Strategic communications and dissemination, media, and event support, and designing and producing outreach materials and information.
The Activity is implemented by a team of experienced implementers, evaluators, and researchers, led by LINC and including The Cloudburst Group, DevLab@Penn, ISSER at the University of Ghana, and Gobin Global.
This activity is made possible by the support of the American People through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).